Fashion Writer Job at Jing Daily Remote
Full Job Description
Jing Dailyis one of the world’s leading cross-border media companies with editorial presence across several brands. Areas of coverage include analysis and reporting on the culture of luxury with a focus on retail, fashion, consumer marketing, tech, collaborations, and Web3 trends going into, on, and out of the China luxury market.
We’re looking for a dynamic senior fashion writer (ideally based in Asia/Europe) with strong writing, editing, and analytical skills for covering the luxury retail and fashion market in China and the region to support the editorial team. This is a great opportunity to be part of a core team that is focused on delivering relevant coverage on the China market to readers around the region and abroad. What you’ll do:
- Pitch and develop stories on a weekly basis for a target audience of global-minded executives, marketers, buyers, thought leaders and other insiders in the luxury and retail industry.
- Write relevant articles on topics of interest for the platform’s fashion vertical.
- Attend events on Jing Daily’s behalf where needed,
- Monitor Global Chinese fashion updates, social platforms, and luxury sources for up-to-the-minute stories for breaking news.
- Track trends that are impacting, guiding, and shaping the luxury and fashion retail industry.
- Set up stories on WordPress along with associated image research.
- This is a part-time position which will comprise approximately 20 hours/week.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Chinese
- Minimum three years of writing and editing experience at a senior level.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a broader, multifaceted team across Asia, Europe and North America.
- Organized and comfortable in taking initiative with research and ideation.
- Must have a black book of industry contacts.
- Experience in digital media, publishing/journalism.
- An avid consumer of media and digital content across platforms.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
*contracted monthly for 3 month duration and possibly longer term.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $1,208.33 – $3,063.35 per month
- Flexible schedule
Work Location: Remote
About the Company
Company: Jing Daily
Company Location: Remote