Fashion Intern Job at Modern Scientist Global – Remote
Modern Scientist Global (MSG) is a health and life sciences research consulting firm based in Canada. We work on an array of projects related to global health and engage in a suite of research activities to help our clients answer important questions. Our goal is to provide the best research tailored to our clients’ needs with innovative methodology and an eye toward practicality and effective dissemination. MSG is seeking team members who are dedicated to and passionate about global public health and nutrition.
To find out more, visit our website at: https://modernscientistglobal.com/
MSG is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Fashion Intern to join our growing team of Modern Scientists (biostatisticians, epidemiologists, health economists, analysts, researchers). The Fashion Intern will have the opportunity to assist on our endeavor to bring forth a sustainable, ethical, and practical MSG clothing line. The role will include:
- Research and communication with suppliers.
- Documenting, tracking, and updating the status of all samples.
- Participation in new product brainstorming and product strategy development.
- Assist with merchandise logistics.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The intern will receive mentorship from lead scientists in global health, will have the opportunity to research and design a clothing line with MSG.
Individuals will be able to work remotely, with regular engagement with the rest of the team at MSG through virtual office hours.
Funding for the successful candidate will be subsidized by the Youth Break Barriers to Employment (YBBE) program, and thus must be eligible for this program. Thus, the successful candidate must be:
- Under 30 years old,
- Graduated at least 6 months ago, and
- Either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee protected act.
Candidates should have a college or undergraduate degree minimum, preferably in fashion, design, merchandising or similar.
The fashion intern should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience and interest in fashion design, merchandising, and the fashion supply chain.
- Strong sketching and conceptual skills, with the ability to communicate your ideas confidently verbally and visually and with professionalism.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, a propensity to take initiative and a demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment.
- The ability to produce high-quality, accurate work in a timely way, and in accordance with project deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with team members and liaise with study investigators.
Prior experience in the following areas is an asset:
- Prior experience in work in fashion design or fashion merchandising.
- Experience in designing clothing.
- Working with suppliers both local and international.
Internships will run from April 3, 2023
Salary: $19 per hour, 35 hours per week, duration of 20 weeks
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 5 months
Salary: $19.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
All work can be done remotely, including all interviews.
- Do you qualify for the Youth Break Barriers to Employment (YBBE) program?
Work Location: Remote
Expected start date: 2023-04-03
About the Company
Company: Modern Scientist Global –
Company Location: Remote